A Julio Galand contemporary art sculpture, indigenous crucifixion 65cm signed
A Julio Galand contemporary art sculpture, indigenous crucifixion 65cm signed. Galan is an established neo-expressionist artist, globally exhibited in the leading galleries with recorded sales by prestigious salerooms. Recognised for his contemporary art paintings which receive worldwide acclaim and considerable prices amongst the art world, with fewer examples of sculpture, albeit there are records of some.
Galan was from a Catholic from Mexico, who's popularity became appreciated in America. His work often reflected his life at that stage. The subject represents the crucifixion, the characters are of a South American folk style, with Christ wearing a barbed wire crown of thorns.
The pressed and cut steel creation measures 65cm tall and 45cm wide with a 35cm base, the base has the impressed signature Julio Galan, which is deeply impressed and visible clearly also through to the base. This piece was acquired by me within the trade, prior to that I have no knowledge of its history or provenance. By the naturally aged surface to the base, I would estimate circa 1990's. I may withdraw the item and consign with a leading international saleroom.
In the meantime it is priced sensibly for sale. Please request more photos and any questions invited. Free collection from Lewes, East Sussex. This item is in the category "Art\Art Sculptures". The seller is "lindduk5" and is located in this country: GB.
This item can be shipped to United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Brunei Darussalam, Gibraltar, Iceland, Oman, Kuwait, Philippines, Qatar.
- Artist: Julio Galan
- Signed By: Julio Galan
- Size: Medium
- Signed: Yes
- Material: Pressed Metal
- Item Length: 35cm
- Region of Origin: California, Mexico
- Subject: Crucifixion, Indigenous Crucifixion, South American Art, Indigenous South American, South American Folk Art
- Type: Sculpture
- Format: Crucifixion Sculpture
- Year of Production: 1990s
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Item Height: 65cm
- Style: Contemporary Art
- Features: Signed, Crucifixion, Indigenous Art, South American Indigenous Art, Contemporary Art, Metal Crucifixion, Barbed Wire Crown of Thorns, Julio Galan Original, Neo Expressionist Art
- Production Technique: Metalwork
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Culture: Contemporary Art Indigenous
- Item Width: 45cm
- Handmade: Yes
- Time Period Produced: 1990-1999